At 05:08 PM 8/1/00 +0100, Graham Barr wrote:
>On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 11:59:22AM -0400, Chaim Frenkel wrote:
> >       Reduce          (e.g. $x = reduce { sum } @list;
>
>I mentioned this to Larry on the Friday after the conference
>and his response was that he did think about it originally but
>
>   $sum = reduce + @list; # assuming I got the verbal->syntax translation
> right
>
>was not easy todo. I was not even thinking of that but just some like
>sort where we have $a and $b (ala the List::Util::reduce function)
>But I must admit, this syntax would be nice for some operators

I've been thinking that it'd be nice to support extended array/list stuff
to allow the rudiments of matrix operations into perl:

  @foo = @bar x 3;
  @foo = @bar * 4;
  @LoL = @foo * @bar;
  @baz =~ s/here/there/;

stuff like that. I don't even care if the core doesn't even implement the
code to do anything, as long as there were hooks in.

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk