>   5. Other operating systems/ file systems have, or could have
>      hypothetically, the same operation.  I.e. just because NTFS
>      doesn't have multiple links now (or does it?) doesn't mean
>      it won't in the future.

NTFS does support hard links right out of the box, although the first
versions didn't come with tools for setting up the links (except for the
POSIX subsystem tools).  I don't know what tools NT comes with now for
making hard links, actually, as  I use MKS Toolkit on NT which provides
ln(1) among its many Unix-compatible commands.
Mark Leighton Fisher            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thomson Consumer Electronics    Indianapolis IN
"Display some adaptability." -- Doug Shaftoe, _Cryptonomicon_