-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Sublist auto*
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 14:39:33 -0400
From: Edwin Wiles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Johan Vromans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Johan Vromans wrote:
> I would plea for autosubscribing perl6-language list members to every
> sublist that gets spawned. The reason is continuity.

OY! Please do NOT do this!  Or rig it as a member configuration choice,
so that those who want autosubscription can opt-in!

> An alternative solution is to automatically sent all messages that have
> been posted to the sublist so far, upon subscription.

That would be just ducky by me!  Though you might wish to consider
limiting it to the last N hundred messages.  If someone subscribes late
in the sub-list life, their SA is _not_ going to be happy if their
system gets killed by what would effectively be a mail-bombing, albeit
unintentional.

As yet another alternative, if you subscribe late, go look at the
archives!

E.W.