DC> I very much like Icon's failure model, but I was loathe to try and
DC> graft it wholesale onto Perl 6. Doing it properly would require a
DC> substantial rethink of the exception mechanism, flow control, the
DC> nature of scalars, undef, etc., etc.

I vaguely recall that Larry was against this.

(I can't recall if it was ICON itself or the failure model, but then I
may very well mis-recall it.)

What would the failure model give us. (I read the ICON book a long
time ago.) Wouldn't it be a major departure from PERL as PERL.

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183