On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 10:10:29AM -0700, Nathan Wiger wrote:
> Agreed. General-purpose timezone support is scheduled for a swift and
> painless death in the next version of RFC 48. Only the local timezone
> and GMT will be included in the RFC, same as now.

By "local timezone" do you mean that some sort of inspection happens to
determine the local timezone and the date() intrinsically knows about it?
What about daylight savings time?  I presume the ability to specify an
offset from GMT will be built in to date()?  And I still think it would
be a good idea to let the user somehow provide an anonymous sub to date()
that will tell date() the proper offset from GMT for "localtime" if
we're going to support that concept at all.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]