"David L. Nicol" wrote:
> Ken Fox wrote:
> > IMHO, curries have nothing to do with this. All "with" really does is
> > create a dynamic scope from the contents of the hash and evaluate its
> > block in that scope.
> But that doesn't give us the speed win we want from compiling offset lookups
> into a static record structure, at the cost of some funny "in -the-record"
> syntax, as in other languages that support this (pascal, VB, C)

The hash keys (symbol lookups) could be pre-computed. Unless you are
proposing something really radical, like replacing blessed hashes with
fixed-size structs, that's the best you can do. IMHO, the "with" proposal
should not assume other RFC proposals. It will be obvious to optimize
"with" if, for example, strong types are available.

- Ken