>> Frankly, I thought it was absurd when I first wrote it...
>> but then I looked at again, and now I'm not so sure I dislike it!
>>
>> =head1 CHANGES
>>   =over 4
>>     =item * Detailed implementation description
>>     =item * Add a new pragma 'varlock' for controlling the concurrency<SNIP>
>>   =back 4
>> =head1 DESCRIPTION
>>
>> Looks transparent to me!

>Cool.

Recall that the P in "pod" stands for *plain*.  If pod has a
"problem", it is that the plainness is broken by the fact that
markup tags can nest.  But for that, parsing is easy--to some extent
because of the notion of paragraphs.  There are certainly other
issues, such as people expecting it to be (as "powerful" as) HTML
or troff, or that they think that translators can/should/do perform
no magic inferring of proper formatting, and thus mark the danged
document up until it is completely illegible.

--tom