On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:16:43 +0100, Tom Christiansen wrote:

>Try thinking of it this way: it's only a bareword if
>it would make use strict whinge at you.

So every bareword would be recognized as a sub. That, is nice. For
starters, Perl parsers can more easily recognize a sub name, without a
need of having loaded every use'd module.

And, hasn't anybody else ever been wondering about things like:

        tie %hash, 'Any_DBMFile', $filename, O_CREAT | O_RDWR;

and have it bark back at you that:

        O_SVWST isn't numeric

? It turns out that Fcntl wasn't loaded, and the flags were treated as
literal strings. Ugh.

Would that not make "strict subs" always in effect?

>Visit our website at http://www.ubswarburg.com

And this appears in every single one of TomC's messages. Tom, can you at
least put a "-- " line after your message, so that this may
automatically bne recognized as a footer? I think some people would
appreciate that. We could even filter it out...  ;-)

--
        Bart.