> =head1 TITLE
>
> Perl should use XML for documentation instead of POD

> =head1 VERSION

I'm sorry, I was gonna bite my lip, but I've gotta say: Freezing RFC's
like this when the following is true:

> A lot of good, heated discussion was generated on the mailing lists. The
> majority seems against using XML-DTD documentation, but granted there are
> deficiencies in POD.

Is absolutely, 100% against the entire idea of the RFC process. They're
"Requests for Comments". The comments received were overwhelmingly "This
is a Bad Idea".

This RFC should either be retracted, or revised into:

   POD to XML translation should be easier

or

   POD should be made more flexible

or

   Here are some deficiencies in POD that need to be fixed

But freezing something that everyone's against is a waste of everyone's
time. Sorry, but it is.

And yes, I've retracted 7 of my own RFC's because the community was
against them. The whole point of this Perl 6 process is to develop a
language that the community thinks is the right direction, right?
Sometimes that means accepting that no matter how much you like your
idea, other Perl'ers don't.

-Nate