On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 01:20:43PM -0300, Branden wrote:
> `my' DWIMs.

`my' will do what *you* mean at the cost of every single existing perl
programmer that currently uses it to relearn what it means.  Not a
good trade off IMHO.

I'd rather `my' does what *I* mean which is what it does now.

> I know this is bad for who already writes Perl code. But it would be very
> good for who learns Perl and doesn't understand exactly when he should and
> when he should not put parenthesis around `my's list of variables.

If they are learning perl, then when and where to use parentheses is
part of the learning curve.  This is a Good Thing.

MHO,

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff