>Feeding the troll:

careful with the troll talk: remember, your god's favorite book
is the "lord of the rings"...chock full of trolls...and hobbits, too!

>> => example 2: ruby
>> => now more popular than python in its native japan
>
>Python isn't native to Japan.

obviously, nitwit...ruby is the language that's native to japan.

we'll chalk that one up to the ambiguous nature of a natural
language, like english, as opposed to a contrived language
like perl. but, just as trolls can't read, perl people can't spell.

ok, i'm packing up my bags and calling it a day...i am happy
to have found some *intelligent* (if not particulary pleasant)
life on -language in your mr. john porter (sorry, simon...).  ;-)

where to now? -meta..? where did that *gc* thread ever go!

btw - john porter, would you care to explain (off list is okay!)
this one comment of yours (please - use specific examples)

>> => example 2: ruby

> Perplexed by its own idiosyncracies that in the end make
> it no more attractive than Perl.

i'd actually like to hear your side of it...you impressed me. ;-)

cheers!

yaphet
heretics of perl;

next time you guys lose the way, i'll be back to shine a light