Greg Boug wrote:
> use lib "CPAN::HTML::Module";
> which goes and grabs the module in question from CPAN for
> use. Picking, the closest mirror, of course.

We should not attempt to resurrect this poor dead horse,
only to beat it to death again.  See the perl6-language archives.

> you could operate a website/ftp link as if it were a mounted
> filesystem. It would be much easier with FTP than HTTP, I would
> imagine, given the HTTP header info...

I remember, years ago, there was a system that did exactly
this.  Alexander?  Alexandria?  Something like that.
It was extremely cool.  Unfortunately, it wasn't open-source,
and the developer let it rot.

--
John Porter