On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 10:23:18PM +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:
> Larry Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I won't tell you what I had to go through just to get those two
> > characters into this message, and they're still only in Latin-1.
>
> Compose < < and an average version of X.

Hmmm, maybe you can point out the "compose" key on my keyboard, I
can't find it. ;)

I know what Larry went through.  I had to do quite a bit of work just
to be able to type a £ symbol.  I wound up remapping my 'option' key
(that's 'alt' to you non-Mac people) to £.  I still haven't managed to
get my xterms to display it right and had to switch from my normal
"Clean" font in emacs because it doesn't support high ascii to "Neep".

Stupid American Computers aren't quite ready for the Unicode invasion.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One