Simon observed:

   > On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 03:30:07PM -0700, Dave Storrs wrote:
   > >  - A while ago, someone suggested that the word 'has' be an alias
   > > for 'is', so that when you roll your own properties, you could write
   > > more-grammatically-correct statements such as "my $var has
   > > Colors(3)".  Since 'are' is being considered as a synonym, is there a
   > > possibility that 'has' will make it too?
   >
   > It would be disappointing if a substantial proportion of the built-in
   > keywords were merely syntactic sugar for each other. is|are|has|: seem
   > like far too many ways to express exactly the same concept.

I agree. However, we envisage that the Perl 6 parser itself will be
highly mutable and comparatively painless to mutate, so it should be
easy to set up modules that create as many synonyms as you feel are
needed/necessary/required/essential/requisite/demanded/called for.

Indeed even in Perl 5 it would not be hard to write a module that let you:

        use Keyword::Synonym 'are' => 'is', 'mv' => 'rename', 'become' => '=';

Hmmmm. ;-)

Damian