Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 04:38 PM 8/8/2001 +0000, Brian J. Kifiak wrote:
> > > Unfortunately all the references I have for alternatives really
> > > require what the Dragon Book teaches as a foundation.
> >
> > What are the references?
>
> ... Advanced Compiler Design & Implementation

I really like that book too. IMHO he didn't really need to write all
the examples in his very own language though. (Who does he think he is,
Knuth? ;)

The best beginner book on the subject of compilers IMHO is Appel's
Modern Compiler Implementation in ML. It is *much* easier to read
than the dragon book. There are other language versions of it, but
it seems kind of heretical to read Appel without ML.

- Ken