Garrett Goebel:
# Larry Wall in Apocalypse 4 writes:
# > this special rule only applies to constructs that take a
# > block (that is, a closure) as their last (or only) argument.
# > Operators like sort and map are unaffected. However, certain
# > constructs that used to be in the statement class may become
# > expression constructs in Perl 6.
#
# Does that mean there may still be constructs which take a
# block, as their
# last argument, but which don't require a semicolon if they
# can be written as
# one-liners?
#
# How terribly unpopular would it be if the "when do I need to use a
# semicolon" question was simply answered:
#
# is block-ending construct's final curly on a line by itself ? 0 : 1

Oooh, there's a problem with that concept:

        if(foo) {
                bar
        }         #There's a semicolon here...
        else {    #which leaves this else dangling!
                baz
        }

# And can we assume that "on a line by itself" ignores non-$/
# whitespace?

And comments, I imagine.

--Brent Dax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Parrot Configure pumpking, regex hacker, embedding coder, and boy genius

#define private public
    --Spotted in a C++ program just before a #include