On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 10:53:11AM +1000, Damian Conway wrote:
> Allison asked:
>
> >  Hmmm... would C<LAST> not have the same problem as C<BETWEEN>? It also
> > "can't decide whether to execute until it knows whether the loop is
> > going to iterate again".
>
> Yes, it does.

Then I agree with Miko, it's not really a problem to explain the unusual
cases of C<BETWEEN>, if we already have to explain the (identical)
unusual cases of C<LAST>.

Thinking about it this weekend, it seems that the concept might be made
palatable if it were taught by first reviewing the current behaviour of
closures and then explaining that C<LAST> and C<BETWEEN> behave the way
they do because they are closures.

Allison