On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:06:44 -0700 (PDT) Larry Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>It's really not that difficult to run two interpreters in the
>same process.  I already made Perl and Java run together nicely.

Agree.

>Scaffolding is supposed to be ugly.  You wouldn't believe how ugly
>the transitional form between Perl 4 and Perl 5 was, when half the

The difference in software branches and highways
is that software can be built completely off-site until it's reasonably functional,
and then
moved in on the back of a semi-trailer.

There is no reason why we shouldn't produce a
"Purely P6" virtual machine, parser, etc. first,
then start building the scaffolding.

-Melvin