On 6/7/02 10:12 AM, "Jonathan E. Paton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> claimed:

> A5, under "RFC 072: Variable-length lookbehind":
>
>   "Did I mention that the magical @+ and @- arrays are gonna be real dead?
>    Never could remember which one was which anyway..."

Not to mention kinda useless. I was hoping for a magic array that would hold
the actual *matches*, rather than pointers to their character positions.
'Course, such a thing might be rather resource intensive. And probably
unnecessary, since Perl 6 regexes can simply assign to an array. Perl 5 is
another matter.

>      I guess the golfing community would appreciate a mini-exegsis for what
>      Perl 6 can do for them :)  [hint, hint]

I rather expect that whatever Perl 6 does for golfers is a side-effect of
what Perl 6 is doing for programmers who just need to get their work done.

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e
                                               Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]