> will perl6 still support the indirect object syntax? i thought it was
> going away and that would be:
>
>         Doberman.new

That works too, but the indirect object syntax isn't going away.
TMTOWTDI, after all.

> also is $_ an lvalue alias (topic) for $spot and $rover?

Yep. Only *named* topics default to read-only.

> why not use map:
>
> my Dog ( $spot, $rover ) = map Doberman.new, 1 .. 2 ;

Because the meaningless constants make it longer than:

  $_ = Doberman.new for my Dog ($spot, $rover);

> i think it is clearer as to what is happening, we are creating 2 new Dog
> objects.

To each his own, I guess.

> now there is no need for the rw property on $_

Not that there ever was... ;-)

> also if that is working code, then my head is getting twisted in the
> right direction. :)

Looks like. :-)

Damian