Piers Cawley wrote:
> Maybe we should just say 'sod it' and implement the entire Smalltalk
> Collection hierarchy and have done with it? Sets, bags, hashes
> (dictionaries for the Smalltalker), whatever, all have their uses...

I'm not sure if you were being facetious, but I do think all the
functionality of these should exist: how many times do we have to
explain, to newbies, the perl idioms for using hashes as sets?
Collections boil down to two basic properties: ordered/unordered
and duplicates/unique. We only have c<%> and c<@> available for
4 combinations; and perl uses these to indicate the underlying
implementation (sans ties), and the type of key. Seems to me that
we will either end up using c<$> (objects) for most collections;
or we'll be creative in our use of properties for @ and %.

Dave.