From: "Dan Sugalski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> How about a JPEG object? Might take a string with the image data, an
> array with byte data, a filehandle that's got the data to it.

But those situations are all covered by the #= concept: call the new method
passing the right argument.  So for a JPEG that can take a string, a
filehandle, or an image, it works:

  $myjepg #= $mystring;
  $myjepg #= $myfh;
  $myjepg #= $myarray;

.... all of which would be as valid (or not) as

  $myjepg = JPEG->new($mywhatever);

> If you want automatic initializers

But again, I don't see that the idea requires automatic initializers.  It's
little more than a precompiler shorthand.  It would simply rearrange the
arguments a little bit, then compile or not based on if the same rules as
always.

-Miko