At 11:22 AM -0600 10/29/02, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 10:13:39AM +0200, Markus Laire wrote:
 Also the idea of allways using 'function' style for something so
 basic like superpositions doesn't appeal to me.
Superpositions are "basic" in a fabric-of-the-universe kind of way, but
they are hardly basic in the everyone-learns-them-in-grade-school kind
of way. I think the latter is more important for huffman coding of
operators for the unwashed masses. But I'm willing change my mind if we
start teaching everyone superpositions in grade school :-)
Perhaps the best thing to do is to define a word operator for superpositions and, if they later become really popular, snag some generally-available* extended character to represent the operators.

*Generally available meaning in all of the Shift-JIS, Big5, and Unicode sets, assuming there are some that aren't Kanji
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk