Uri Guttman wrote:

what is a string complement? bitwise? i take it the numeric is one's
complement.
String complement treats the value as a string then bitwise complements every
bit of each character.

Integer complement treats the value as a int then bitwise complements every
bit.

  DC> 	  ~                             - string concatenation
  DC> 	  ~=                            - string append

what happens to _?
Someone hasn't been playing along at home! ;-)
We're contemplating reshuffling the ops to eliminate it.

  DC> 	  +&    +|    +^    <<    >>    - bitwise operations

i would add the word integer there. they do bitwise math on the integer
part of a scalar value.
Good point. Thanks.

  DC>            ~~  !~                        - smart match, smart non-match

is that also bind for tr///?
That's still being discussed at the moment.

Damian