Larry Wall writes:
 > On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > :   %a ^[op]= @b   #  hash v array
 > :   @a ^[op]= %b   #  array v hash
 >
 > What would those mean?  Are you thinking only of hashes with numeric keys?
 >
 > Larry

no but hash can have property that tells how to turn its keys to
integer indexes if it fins itself  in the ^[op] situation .
just like %hash can have a property that tells it how to behave in
regexp  /<%hash>/ . And then just like here there may be some default
value for that property . I dont know what it should be . is it sane ?

%hash is if_in_vectorized_op_map_keys_to_integers_as { <some function
                                          returning integer> }

arcadi .