On Thursday, October 31, 2002, at 10:36  PM, Michael Lazzaro wrote:

So while I understand the philosophical/semantic reasons for the absence of a true boolean type, I wonder how easy it will be to describe the principle to newcomers, and if it's worth it. When someone asks "what's the boolean type in Perl?" I'd rather answer "bit" than "Perl doesn't have one", if for no other reason than the latter answer will completely freak them out. :-)
How do you answer that question when it's asked of Perl 5?

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e
                                               Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]