Scott Duff wrote:

I'm all for one or two unicode operators if they're chosen properly
(and I trust Larry to do that since he's done a stellar job so far),
but what's the mechanism to generate unicode operators if you don't
have access to a unicode-aware editor/terminal/font/etc.? IS the only
recourse to use the "named" versions? Or will there be some sort of
digraph/trigraph/whatever sequence that always gives us the operator
we need? Something like \x[263a] but in regular code and not just
quote-ish contexts:
$campers = $a \x[263a] $b # make $a and $b happy
That would probably be:

 	$campers = $a \c[263a] $b  	# make $a and $b happy

if it were allowed (which I suspect it mightn't be, since it looks
rather like an index on a reference to the value returned by a call
to the subroutine C<c>.

Incidentally, this is why I previously suggested that we might
allow POD escapes in code as well. Thus:

 	$campers = $a E<263a> $b  	# make $a and $b happy

Damian