At 1:27 PM -0800 11/6/02, Brad Hughes wrote:
Flaviu Turean wrote:
[...]
5. if you want to wait for the computing platforms before programming in
p6, then there is quite a wait ahead. how about platforms which will never
catch up? VMS, anyone?
Not to start an OS war thread or anything, but why do people still have
this mistaken impression of VMS?  We have compilers and hard drives and
networking and everything.  We even have color monitors.  Sure, we lack
a decent c++ compiler, but we consider that a feature.  :-)
Lacking a decent C++ compiler isn't necessarily a strike against VMS--to be a strike against, there'd actually have to *be* a decent C++ compiler...
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk