> Dynamic scoping (take 2)
> ... a system of implicit argument passing ...
> Larry pointed out [an error about threads]

The system of implicit argument passing was
intended to eliminate the need to use globals.

I was wrong about threads but that doesn't
change my view that globals are mostly evil.

>     Larry went on to discuss some rather
>     splendid extensions of the currying concept:
>
>        use Dog.assuming(tail => "cut short", ears => "cut_long")
>        my $little_dog = Dog.where_oh_where();
>
>     Which is rather cute.

Indeed. Currying looks like an ideal route to
eliminate the need for globals, but it needs
to be extended beyond what Larry has so far
mentioned to pull that off.

--
ralph