At 10:54 AM +0000 1/7/03, Simon Cozens wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dan Sugalski) writes:
 The short answer, I suppose, is that we're not recreating
 Smalltalk--at least some small nod is being made towards Practicality.
I really don't follow your argument here.

What's impractical about being able to inherit from Arrays?
Nothing, the impractical part is making arrays objects--they aren't, and we're not particularly going to go out of our way to make them so. Like I said, you can always use delegation to subclass an array, or limit yourself to an odd and restrictive subset of behaviour. (Basically just vtable method overriding)

I'm dropping a dump of parrot's object model thursday, at which point everyone can rip into me properly and with good facts to back up theories of my crack-headedness.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk