[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dan Sugalski) writes:
> Nothing, the impractical part is making arrays objects--they aren't,

Hang on. We're saying that they should be. You're saying that they're
not. You haven't produced any reasons *WHY* they're not. Why *aren't*
they arrays?

It's perfectly practical; most other scripting languages do it. If
Parrot wants to support them, Parrot will have to do it too. So what's
the big problem?

> and we're not particularly going to go out of our way to make them
> so.

Your argument seems to be: "We can't make arrays objects because they
aren't objects and we aren't making them objects."

I don't find that a very strong argument; at best, it's a case of
imposing your particular favourite implementation method on the
language design, and at worst it's completely circular.

--
"In matters of principle, stand like a rock; in matters of taste, swim with
the current."