> It would be trivial with a grammar munge to implement this (heck, I
> did it with a source filter in Perl 5).  Surely CPAN6 (6PAN/CP6AN/??)
> will come out with one of these right off the bat, so you could do:
>
>     use Grammar::ImplicitSemicolon;
>
> Or something like that, and be done with it.

<silly>
The trick would be getting Perl to not require the semicolon at the end
of that use-line. :)
</silly>

<serious>
I agree entirely with what Luke just said in the email I'm replying to.
While it's possible to have Perl behave this way, I don't think Perl
programmers *in general* would want it.  Heck, a lot of us aren't even
thrilled about the implicit-semicolon-at-brace-followed-by-newline rule
Larry introduced in A4.
</serious>

--
Debbie Pickett http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~debbiep [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         "You gotta bat your eyes - like this." - _The Little Mermaid_