On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 01:14:05PM -0700, Luke Palmer wrote:
It is nice to see someone who puts as much thought into posting as you
do. Unfortunately, your proposal is moot, as we have a definitive
"No, still can't chain them" from Larry.

http://archive.develooper.com/perl6-language%40perl.org/msg09331.html

Thanks for the reference

However, I'm pretty sure he's talking about disallowing multiple modifiers there. My "if/unless/when as operator" proposal is exactly to avoid having to support multiple modifiers. So I think discussion on this might still be fruitful.

I'm actually a bit surprised noone had the idea earlier; to me the if-
modifier is so similar to the 'and'-operator to have no reason being a modifier (it's actually implemented using 'and' internally in p5).

Contrast that to the 'for'-modifier, which really has an impact on the statement unlike any operator could achieve, and hence really needs to be a statement modifier.

--
Matthijs van Duin  --  May the Forth be with you!