On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 05:18 PM, Damian Conway wrote:
Various folks have suggested that the default assignment syntax:

sub foo(?$bar is copy = 1) {...}

be considered merely a shorthand for something like:

sub foo(?$bar is copy is default(1)) {...}
<snip>
I don't know...maybe I'm worrying too much.
But then, that's part of my job. ;-)

Are you concerned about having an C<is default()> spelling at all, or just about optional placements of C<=>? I agree that the C<is constant = 1> vs. C<= 1 is constant> is a potential point of confusion, and probably not worth the grief.

(Percentage of me that really cares: 20%. But I suspect others might.)

MikeL