On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 12:18, Larry Wall wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 11:44:24AM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> : For that they leave it to lambda.weblogs.com to heap *educated* scorn
> : and derision on things. :)
>
> Hmm, well, in all their educatedness, they don't seem to have figured
> out that the prototyping behavior they're looking for is actually
> supplied by wildcard delegation in Perl 6...

Well, I think to be fair, it's going to take a long while for most of
the world to digest A12 and figure out how it does or does not deliver
their pet features / paradigms.

Prototyping in P6 would seem to me to be easy, but not quite the
default. You'd want an intermediary that did the MetaClass negotiation
as you "derived" from an existing object. Or will that be in the core?
Can you say:

        my Object $obj1;
        MyClassExtenderClass.add_a_print_method($obj1.metaclass);
        my ::{$obj1.class} $obj2;

?

--
Aaron Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>