On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 04:46:39PM -0400, Aaron Sherman wrote:
: Prototyping in P6 would seem to me to be easy, but not quite the
: default. You'd want an intermediary that did the MetaClass negotiation
: as you "derived" from an existing object. Or will that be in the core?
: Can you say:
:
:       my Object $obj1;
:       MyClassExtenderClass.add_a_print_method($obj1.metaclass);
:       my ::{$obj1.class} $obj2;
:
: ?

How far you can take that will probably depend on the implementation of
the notification system within Parrot, which we have to rely on for any
kind of pull-the-semantic-carpet-out-from-under behavior modification.

Larry