Not to beat a dead horse, but....

I've updated the Periodic table with almost all the changes that people here sent me, as well as reading a few more threads and references. This will be the last update for some time. I'll be uploading a version to cafepress so people can get posters, tee-shirts and mouse pads since so many people have asked for it. Check back on the chart's blog page ( http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/blog/code/PeriodicTable.html ) in a few days for the details. (I won't post that info here - I don't mean to clog this mailing list with my frivolity.)

Lastly, in Apocalypse 3, Larry says:

"Operator precedence should be as simple as possible. Perl's precedence table currently has 24 levels in it. This might or might not be too many. We could probably reduce it to about 18 levels, if we abandon strict C compatibility of the C-like operators."

The chart currently has 29 precedence levels (from left to right in the chart) - which was based on various writings about the operators, inferences drawn from examples (such as 1|2|3 + 4), any my own guesses. I can't wait to see how this gets down to 18! Or even back to Perl 5's 24...

        - Mark