On 2004-06-01 at 14:10:08, Paul Seamons wrote:
> Or for the few Perl emacs people out there:
>
> C-x 8 Y
> C-x 8 <
> C-x 8 >

I suspect there are more than a "few".  I don't think there's anything
constitutional about folks who like Emacs that prevents them from liking
Perl or vice-versa.  Even though (e)lisp is about as orthogonal as you can get
and therefore something of a philosophical opposite to Perl. :)

Since you've added « and » to the list above, I'll add them as well:

        Codepoint    Decimal    Vim Digraph
«       U+00AB       171        <<
»       U+00B1       177        >>

Details again: you can always enter chars into Windows by holding down
the ALT key and typing 0 plus the decimal code point on the numeric
keypad, or into Vim by hitting control-V (control-Q in vim on Windows,
since control-V is Paste) followed by either the decimal code point (no
leading 0) or the letter u plus the hexadecimal code point.
Vim digraphs are entered via control-K plus the two characters, or
by setting the 'digraph' option and then typing the two characters
separated by a backspace.

-Mark