On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 13:15, Juerd wrote:
> The Perl 6 Summarizer skribis 2004-07-20 14:46 (+0100):

Wasn't there an actual thread to respond to for this? I always feel odd
turning the summary into a thread on what it's summarizing.

> My preference is "$file\.ext". Clear, light and ascii.

That's fine as far as it goes, but how do you say what, in Perl 5, I
would use this for:

        "${foo}n"

I like the ${} syntax, but I'm a shell guy from my early days... long
before I touched Perl. If ${} is going to go away, then it seems like
the best route is one of:

      * The pythonish "%sn" % ($foo) sprintf operator, something other
        than % though. Might even be -> with appropriate layers of sugar
      * "$($file)n"
      * "$file\bn" \b is word-break in regexp, so it makes sense to me
        here mnemonically. Could even have "$\b$money\bM is a lot" which
        would force the lone $ to be literal in the same way as
        "\$$money\bM is a lot" would. Kinda fun.

--
Aaron Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Senior Systems Engineer and Perl Toolsmith