On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 12:08:24PM -0400, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
: Johan Vromans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
:
: > Larry Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: >
: >> :  my $d="a";
: >> :  print "--$d--{my $d = "b" }--$d--\n";
: >>
: >> Yes, that is correct.
: >
: > I'm afraid things like this will keep many popular editors and IDEs
: > from implementing perl6 support...
:
: Then maybe people will switch to more capable editors.

This particular modeful behavior is easily handled by most current
editors.  You have to be able to treat the insides of strings different
from the outsides.  That being said, there are plenty of other things
in Perl 6 already that will drive editors nuts.  This just isn't one
of them.

As for IDEs, any decent IDE is going to have hooks directly into the
language's parser.

Larry