On Sep 9, 2004, at 9:14 AM, Larry Wall wrote:

I just borrowed the -> from Perl 5 because I knew it was available,
and I thought it read better for C<for> loops than the Ruby approach.

Interestingly, I was at PDX.pm last night for a presentation entitled, "Ruby for Perl Programmers." One of the things that the presenters said was typical idiomatic Ruby was the use of blocks (I think that's what they called them) with iterators, such that you almost *never* see the use of C<for> in Ruby.

Might a similar thing happen with Perl 6 code blocks and iterators?

Regards,

David