On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:35:37 -0800, Larry Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The basic problem with «...» is that most of its uses
> were turning out to be more useful that the corresponding <...>.
> In fact, I was thinking about all this on the way home from Seattle
> yesterday (a 15-hour drive), and I think I'm ready to propose a Great
> Angle Bracket Renaming.

I'm going to be difficult and say I don't actually like this proposal.
I think « and » are much more attractive than < and >, and I don't
mind the extra work to type them.

« and » are more visually distinctive, at least in my mind.
Specifically, I like that they line up with the tops of lower case
letters.

But I doubt that matters much. :-)

  use CGI «:standard»;
  my @list = «foo bar baz»;
  my @other = %hash«several keys here»;

  use CGi <:standard>;
  my @list = <foo bar baz>;
  my @other = %hash<several keys here>;

(Those are written out for my own benefit; consider it a goodbye.)

--
matt diephouse
http://matt.diephouse.com