  LW> I propose that reduce become a metaoperator that can be applied to
  LW> any binary operator and turns it syntactically into a list operator.
  LW> I am currently thinking that the metaoperator is a prefix spelled \\
  LW> (though there are certainly lots of other possibilities that I've laid
  LW> awake all night thinking about).  There are the usual suspects like:

  LW>     $sum = \\+ @array;
  LW>     $fact = \\* 1..$num;

shouldn't that be s/fact/prod/ ? sure the input makes it a factorial but
the general case would be a product. not that what var names you choose
matters but i think it would be clearer if used as a real example in
some future docs.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com