Damian Conway skribis 2006-04-06 20:41 (+1000):
> >Please reconsider.
> We can't. The problem is that:
>     foo .bar
> has to mean:
>     foo($_.bar)
> So the only way to allow whitespace in dot operations is to put it after
> the dot.

Given the consequences of this constraint, I think that perhaps
(probably!) sticking to foo .bar having to mean foo $_.bar is a bad
idea. Parens could effectively break the method name parsing. I don't
like typing parens, but I still like typing parens much better than
breaking a few of the most important principles in my syntax style.

And in this case, I think it breaks almost everyone's syntax style, not
just that of a few.

Juerd