On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:36:50AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
: Possibly we should make the syntax be a smart match, but only require that
: conformat implementations implement ranges and integers.

That is essentially the intent of the current spec, and why we defined
**{} to run a closure.  It may well be trivial to make it a smart
match by 6.0.0 since we've got smart matches elsewhere.  But the
regex engine also has to be low-level enough to bootstrap Perl 6.
On the other hand, there's no need to define a limited language--the
bootstrap can just use a subset of Perl 6 by convention.  If I had to
guess, I'd say it's actually quite likely to smartmatch by 6.0.0.

Larry