On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 12:38:33PM -0700, Trey Harris wrote:
: But in order to allow that choice, the language has to impose some
: groundrules for everyone.  strict couldn't exist in Perl 5 if lexicals
: could autovivify.  And--*by my understanding of DBC*--subclasses can't
: remove promised functionality or impose surprising constraints.  So a)
: Perl 6 can't support DBC, contrary to the Synopses, b) you can't remove
: functionality or impose new constraints in subclasses, or c) my
: understanding of DBC is incorrect.

In Perl 6, option b is deemed to be correct, but allow me to reiterate that:

    1) a role is not a superclass
    2) a subset is not a subclass

Larry