Dave Whipp wrote:

I'm not a great fan of this concept of "reservation" when there is no mechanism for its enforcement (and this is perl...).

What makes you assume there will be no mechanism for enforcement? The standard Pod parser (of which I have a 95% complete Perl 5 implementation) will complain bitterly--as in cyanide--when unknown pure-upper or pure-lower block names are used.

The whole point of reserving these namespaces is not to prevent users from misusing them, but to ensure that when we eventually get around to using a particular block name, and those same users start screaming about it, we can mournfully point to the passage in the original spec and silently shake our heads. ;-)

Damian