chromatic chromatic-at-wgz.org |Perl 6| wrote:
Do we face a similar rug-yanking situation with delegatee classes being modified after delegate instantiation? I know there are some types of auto-handling, but are they all automatic?

-- c

In the sense that the more detailed formal documentation will need to specify exactly what happens if you try, yes. In the sense that the answer might be simple, maybe not.

Off hand, I envision having to specify in what way the implementation is allowed to cache delegations by updating the class, and explain the range of allowed behavior that is still conforming. And point out that having a range of allowed behavior is always a way to allow nonportable code, so that should be a warning by default.

--John