HaloO,

John M. Dlugosz wrote:
So do they have to go at the end of the whole expression in the current grammar? I don't follow about the spaces.

The problem is term versus operator parsing.

 Do you write

    $a lt:lc $b le:lc $c

I think that works and looks best. My favorite hope is that

   $x = log:2 $y;

flies, as well.

   $x = log:base(2) $y;

is a bit lengthy and

   $x = log $y, :base(2);

looks more like a two element list assigned to $x.

or

    $a lt :lc $b le :lc $c

That is a parse error "two terms in a row".

or

    $a lt $b :lc le $c :lc

No problem here.

Regards, TSa.
--

"The unavoidable price of reliability is simplicity" -- C.A.R. Hoare
"Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it." -- A.J. Perlis