John M. Dlugosz wrote:
> I'm not opposed to having it be "ro", but wonder why he didn't call it that
> in the first place, so there must be a reason.

Nobody's perfect?

My other thought is that since parameters are read-only by default it's not
thought you'd have to write it much so clarity wins out over brevity, the flip
side of Huffamn encoding.  But that doesn't work out so good for normal
variable declarations.  The verbosity (which a hyphen would only make worse)
discourages "const-ing", as they say in C.

> It should be possible to alias it in your own scope easily.

Every time someone replies to a Perl 6 language design nit with "but you can
change the grammar" *I* kill a kitten.

*meowmmmf*

--
31. Not allowed to let sock puppets take responsibility for any of my
    actions.